Sunday, March 02, 2014

Need a Fucking car, any fucking car!

I feel I need the word FUCKERY tattooed somewhere on my body because when I am upset or enraged it is my go to curse.  In regards to shopping for a car, EPIC FUCKERY.  So our family owns cattle, and has recently flipped a house for a LOT of money. HOWEVER that money is in a trust and is being used to pay for my Grandmother and Mother to live in South Dakota and Minnesota respectively.  SO any of "my share" of said cow or real estate is being used to generate interest, interest enough to keep my Nana in bird seed and mother in wet cat food.

So when I asked my family if they would please help me out with money for a car, they lovingly send me 1,000 (or several years interest on trust money) I didn't WANT to take this money.  Because whenever you take money off of a investment, the interest goes down.  SIGNIFICANTLY.  But we need a damn car and I can only work 20 hours a week because my body is made of rusty twine and brittle rubber bands.  My husband's family also said they would give us 2,000 as a late wedding present (which is kind because we eloped)  so selling my heirlooms (500, bye bye family silver), cashing in my interest from what was SUPPOSED to be my retirement (1,000) Wedding present (2,000) and selling our Jeep (400) then waiting for the IRS (1200) means we have a down payment of about 5100 dollars.

SO with my termite infested bones and shaken Jenga spine, I have been searching for vehicles.

I have found:
Toyota Corolla "06, 4 cyl, 165,890 miles, 32/41 MPG, FWD  $7600.00

Honda Civic, 05, 4 cyl, 130,000, 29/38MPG, FWD,  $4800.00

Toyota Prius 06, 4cyl, 85,000 miles, 50/51 MPG (WhAT?!) FWD,  $9,990.00

Toyota Prius 07, 4cyl, 90,000 miles, 51/51 MPG (WITCHCRAFT!) FWD, $10,990

Not going to lie, that 06 Prius is calling my name.  But husband keeps saying "DEATHBOX!!!!"  I just think he doesn't want to look like a hippy driving around in a prius, drinking Kombucha with his recycled pants.  But get serious, I am a hippie driving around drinking Kombucha wearing recycled pants. 

He really wants a "bad ass" car or a "man truck" but we can't afford to have a "man car" we need high mileage, reasonable payment, and reliable.  So If the Mazda 3 with its horrible engine issues had a baby with a toyota Prius, what car would that be?  Because we need to find that car, and for under 10,000.

I have become religated to the fact that whenever I bring up looking at and or purchasing a vehicle Chris turtles up and goes back into his man cave to pout and scowl into the darkness.  Alas it is up to me to go put on my "big girl pants" recycled big girl pants, and go find a gorram car.

Epic...Fuckery.

I honestly am thankful that we never had a child other than our dog because dealing with two teenagers would lead me to commit homicide (Yes, I just refereed to my husband as a teenager, no I regret nothing)

When life throws its wrenches in the air, and they come raining down in a shit storm onto the debacle that is my life I find it doens't really help to curse the wrenches and wax angrily about how it ALWAYS rains wrenches on  ME and no one else.  Fuckery.  Pick that shit up, Put that shit away, tuck in your tail and FIX THAT SHIT!

Bad things happen.  I know for a fact waiting for other people to solve your problems will NEVER solve your problems.

*sigh*  Alright.  I am going to go and look at more cars.  Maybe Chris would accept a toyota Corolla or Camry over a Prius.  See? I can compromise Gorram It!  However nice a Prius will be, I will just have to pretend in my mind that it is the car I am driving.

See?  I told you...FUCKERY.

These are my top three picks thus far.


No comments: