Monday, January 08, 2007

quaternium-15 and other Hair hazards

I can't believe that I actually put this stuff in my conditioner! THis is gross gross gross.

This stuff can cause contact dermatitis in persons who have sensitive skin. I found out the hard way that my conditioner has quaternium-15.
These are quaternium-15, hydantoin, AND Diazolidinyl urea. All which would explain WHY my scalp is an itchy mess! Today when I go to the Grocery store I am going to get some natural conditiner without "quats", "cones" or other "urea" or formeldahyde substances!

Formaldehyde-releasing preservatives to avoid:
  • Imidazolidinyl urea (Germall®)
  • Diazolidinyl urea (Germall II®)
  • DMDM hydantoin (Glydant®)
  • Bromonitropropane diol (Bronopol™)
  • Tris (hydroxymethyl) nitromethane (Tris Nitro®)
Products containing quaternium-15
Cosmetics Self-hygiene/pharmaceutical products Commercial/industrial products
  • Foundations, powders, concealers
  • Eye makeup (liners, shadows, mascara)
  • Facial makeup (blushes)
  • Bronzes
  • Makeup removers
  • Adhesives
  • Floor wax and polish
  • Paper and paperboard
  • Water-based inks
  • Latex paints
  • Industrial cutting fluid
  • Laundry starch
  • Joint cement
  • Printing pastes

No comments: