Thursday, May 29, 2014

Twerking Out

So I have actually been working out 3 or more hours a day since last August of 2013.  BUT I had not reimplemented weights and only biked.

Now I am  mixing up cardio doing hiking, walking, and cross training along with eating at least 1100 calories a day, increasing my protein, and doing high impact calisthenics.

So I have been trying really hard to keep to my diet and exercise, only hormones, stress, and chronic illness and injuries threaten to derail me. 

My right ankle has been shattered twice and broken 3 other times.  I have chronic Costochondritis (swelling of th fascia between the ribs) migraines, and neuropathic pain.

It is hard, every day I have to wake up and plan a workout into my day, just as I have to plan iceing my ribs, and ankle, taking my meds, stretching, and eating.

Eating has been hard, I was anorexic in college and old bad habits (not eating all day, only eating 500 calories a day, over exercising) seem to pop up even though I know better.

ON most days that I get enough calories I have to tell myself over and over not to over do it on exercise.

So I am documenting my feelings/journey here.

Solidarity

KJ

No comments: