Friday, May 30, 2014

Insert witty TITLE

I have been working REALLY hard on making my body stronger, leaner, and tighter so its easier for me to walk, sleep, etc.  It meant cutting out crap foods (except on cheat day) making myself eat 1100 calories a day ( am a chubby recovering anorexic who would eat 900 calories, work out t burn 600 calories, then eat nothing but sugar free Popsicle, sugar free jello and water, then wake up with horrible stomach cramps from hunger)  I get up and plan when I eat my small meals 7AM  Snackwells Cookies (my early indulgence) 9AM Raw Almonds (13) 11AM Protein bar 1PM 1/4 cup sunflower seeds 3PM Greek yogurt 5PM small salad/vegan chicken patty/veggie burger/turkey burger with 1 cup steamed vegetables, 2 sugar free Popsicle.  I may switch up and have yogurt for breakfast and cookies as a snack, or switch cookies to graham crackers, I keep my fat grams under 30 and calories at 1100 minimum 1200 maximum.  I plan walking, weight training, hiking, biking, yoga, and calisthenics 6 days a week and on my "day off" I clean the house.
So far I think I am jump starting my metabolism I use Live Strong My Plate to make sure I am staying in my recommended calories and make sure that I eat 1100 calories (after I burn them so if I eat 1100, burn 600  means I have to eat 500 more calories in lean, low fat high protein, so egg white omelet with Parmesan cheese or Kashi go lean is often a choice.
SO I have been doing really well and thoroughly enjoying my cheat days without remorse or guilt, except yesterday I "relapsed"  I ate 600 calories, burned 400 and didn't eat anything else.  I woke up this morning hunched over, barely able to move, my joints, ribs, and fascia were swollen, I immediately ate a yogurt, then my stomach started growling like a large cat, so I ate a graham cracker.  It ws so bad my doctor called in a scrpt for Lyrica and made me promise to take the night off from working out and eat some simple carbohydrates.

I am learning.  I am stronger than I think and at the same time I need to remember I have a Chronic Degenerative Disease with no cure and little treatment.  A friend said "a car can't go with an empty tank"  I nodded unimpressed, then my friend Joe said "A carafe can't make coffee without being filled with water" and somehow THAT was my Ah ha! moment. 

No comments: