Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Who would do this for you?

So as some people know I am sick. I have Fibromyalgia, Syringomyelia, Chronic Inflammatory Chondritis, and now apparently nerve damage in my hands and feet as well as the beginnings of arthritis.

To fight the symptoms of the host of conditions I have they have be on a neural uptake inhibitor that makes my brain stop neural pulses so I don't have searing pain in my hands and feet by the end of the day. It is a medication that they use for people with epilepsy but works great for me. It also stops me from having 9 out of 10 migraines that used to make me vomit uncontrollably.

They have me on serotonin inhibitors to lower the doses of pain receptors to the brain so my body doesn't register the amount of pain I am in. Thus I am strictly forbidden to do yard work, exercise, or strenuous labor without someone who knows my condition assisting me. I could and have hurt myself.

I am also on a non narcotic pain management system to manage arthritis pain and it makes me a little tired but not tired enough not to work or create, that is good. I am actually back to drawing, writing and publishing stories again. Which is great because I have a cellphone bill to pay.

Well for about 8 weeks my sister and my fiance had to follow me around with a shop vac. I was vomiting, crapping my pants, and peeing myself (sometimes in the car, other times in the store) and I was too weak to change myself or clean up the mess. So my sister or my fiance would without complaint clean up the mess. Sometimes I would cry and my two little nephews would come up and rub my back and hug me despite me smelling like feces or urine and say "Its OK Aunt KJ everybody has accidents!"

Once my nephew brought "Everybody poops" up from downstairs climbed into bed with me and read it to me. I laughed so hard I had tears running down my face.

He reminded me about the time I woke up to him throwing up in my bed. I said "Your were 2 buddy, you didn't mean to..." he stopped me and said "It was an accident right?" I shut up after that.

Crash hasn't had to clean up vomit in 5 months. We are both very pleased that the uncontrolled vomiting and releasing of bowels without warning has stopped. I feel much better not having to wear adult diapers. Crash was a trooper. We were thinking that the worst was coming REALLY REALLY early and it turned out that I had a terrible bug that had done a number on my system and they had to completely reset my immune system.

I thought the syringo had finally ruined my bowel and bladder control and the vomiting was just a nasty side effect.

Our New Dr. Chioma helped us through the whole thing and even though he wasn't our doc anymore Dr Copola called the hospital each time I was there to check on me and called my house when I was home to find out how I was. He and Dr. Chioma talked many times during their quest on how to treat me before resorting to reset my system.

That was no fun.

Two rounds of Flagyll and Diflucan later I was no longer vomiting. I had to take probiotics and eat soy yogurt (yeck!) for 3 weeks but I felt MUCH better.

Now I am back on my normal regimen and havn't had any problems.

My point?

Who would do this for you?

No comments: