Tuesday, July 10, 2012

How Billy saved my life.

I have had several people ask me WHY Billy is so near and dear to me.  I have beem hesitant to tell my story.  So let me just say that I had crippling anxiety and was afraid to leave my campus room in college.  I became obsessed with cleaning, organizing and straightening.

I could barely go to class much less sleep.

But my mother and best friend convinced me to adopt Billy because he didn't like anyone else, but immediately took to myself and my mother and best friend.

Because of Billy I stopped vacuuming obsessively (it terrified him) because of Billy I had to learn to leave my room, if only to get his food, litter, and toys.  Because of Billy I had to see my best friend who shared custody of him.  And because of Billy I had to spent a minimum of 30 minutes outside with him while he ran around on a leash.

I woke up, and went to bed only because He wanted me too.  I went to class only because he was allowed to come with in my back pack and the professors and other students loved him so much.

I got therapy because Billy ran away from me into the therapist main office and endeared himself to one of the counselors.

To this day I still speak with her and send her pictures.

Billy in short made me live my life, he saved it.

There is more to this story, but those are the highlights.  So because of Billy, I am a better person.

No comments: