Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tub time

Because I have a bad back I take probably about 3-4 baths a week. This has led me to become somewhat of a bath connoisseur. I know where to get the best bubble bars, the best bath soaks, who makes the best salts and what temp makes the best bath.

I have become an expert on which herbs steep to make the softest skin, I have a collection of essential oils to mix and add to my bath to create stress reduction, cold remedy, relaxation, romantic, energizing and other scents.

I have the bath pillow which I sanitize and clean every three days. I have the back scrubber, I have the tub tray that allows me to read in the bath.

Seem a little extreme?

Here is the point of my bath. Not only is it a chance to relieve my back pain for 15 minutes and release some of the tight muscles that plague my body 24/7. It is a chance to inhale some aromatherapy, soften my skin, ex foliate, shave, steam the pores, and read a little without a cat on my chest (well, sometimes he still tries) or a dog bothering me.

Bath time is a time that I make very special for myself and make sure that it is undesturbed.

Everyone could take a little ritual like tub time and make it there own. Mayb tea time, or Meal time.

Hell maybe we should have several little things that we do for ourselves that are little but special.

It helps us feel cared for and relaxed.

Think of how much money we would save if we did little things like taking a nice bath and time for tea each day instead of spending hundreds of dollars every 6 months to "get away" to an expensive spa.

Think about it.

KJ

No comments: