Sunday, June 05, 2016

Avalon Organics Skin Defense Facial Care


So recently I got a three part of the Avalon organics Vitamin C Intense Defense line.  I got the cleansing milk, hydrating oil, and spf 10.

First the Vitamin C Instense Defense Cleansing Milk:
Good texture, nice smell, did NOT do a good job taking off my makeup.  I used this with a warm washcloth and still needed to use micellar water to get my skin completely clean.  Also if you have sensitive skin be careful. I got in my eye and it burned! 

Second Vitamin C Intense Defense Hydrating Oil:
I was hesitant to use this.  I usually only use camelia oil mixed with sugar.  This oil took a long time to absorb...I ended up leaving it on while I took a shower.  After the shower the oil was absorbed and I went to sleep.  Woke up with no oil residue on my face and face was hydrated and soft.

Then I used the last step.  Avalon Organics Vitamin C Intense Defense Hydrating spf 10...
It smelled loke the cleansing milk...maybe a little over moisurizing.  The fact that it was spf 10 made me hesitant to use because I have always heard spf 15 was the minimum needed to protect the skin.  After a full day my skin feels soft but it was rainy and overcast so I dont know how much protection it was.

These products are available on amazon prices ranging $7.49 for the Intense Defence Cleansing Milk, $18.23 for Intense Defense Antioxidant oil, and !15.53 for Intense Defense Spf 10 (whaaat?!)

None of these products are extraordinary.  I would rate them 5 out of 10 only be ause they are Vegan, have no sulfates, parabens or pthalates, and are not tested on animals. 

I may end up trying the Avalon Intense Defense Vitamin C cleansing gel..but with this price range it would have to have rave reviews. Instead I am sticking with my trusty neutrogena and cerave.

No comments: