Friday, November 21, 2008

What heals you?

For me, chronic pain is an unfortunate part of my life. It affects everything. There are ways to manage it: drugs, heat, ice packs, sea salt soaks, massage, sleep, and my favorite, a swift kick to the head.

OK, so I only tried the last one once.

Recently I have found myself online a lot talking to other sufferers of Syringomyelia and Chiari Malformation and its good time friends chronic fatigue and disc degeneration.

One thing we all have in common is that we have one thing that no matter how much pain we are in we do this one thing and it takes our mind off the pain.

Usually long enough for narcotics to kick in Ba-ZING!

So lately I have been really into making mixed cd's for my friends and family. As Crash and I are HUGE (i mean over 5,000 cd's and 200 vinyl records, I am not going to mention cassette tapes because I will be embarrassed... huge) music dorks.

So since i have to travel and wanted a theme track for going to my put the fun in dysfunctional parents house (ok its just the mom and I who tussle...) I thought I would share some of my favorite songs with you.

So without further ado: Happy Thanksgiving, a musical tribute:

Kingdom in the Sky- Davinci's notebook
Smile- Lily Allen
One angry dwarf- Ben Folds
Mental Breakdown-Ember Swift
Song for the dumped-Ben Folds
Superman-The Blanks
Shameless- Ani DiFranco
Charles in Charge- The Blanks
Hallelujah- Rufus Wainright
Secret Asian Man- DaVinci's Notebook
Facts of Life- The Blanks
Barefoot- KD Lang
Jump in the line- DaVinci's notebook
Underdog-The Blanks
Superstition-Stevie Wonder
Valerie- Amy Winehouse
Allie McBeal-Davinci's Notebook
Never miss the water-Chaka Khan
Jockey full of Bourbon- Full Frontal Folk
Geek in the Pink- Jason Mraz
Casmir Pulaski Day- Sufjan Stevens

CD is available upon request.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, may your afterlife be blessed just american express it. (Davinci's Notebook)

KJ

No comments: